Iraq Photos - 2021 - 2023
Going through some of my old photos and remincising about Iraq, so here's a big ol photo dump. Fair warning, there's plenty of shrine photos!
- 2021. Hard to start a photo dump about Iraq without palm trees. I took these near the Ziggurat of Dur Kurigalzu when I visited.
- 2023. The shrine of Imam Musa al-Kazim.
- 2022. The shrine of Abu Hanifa.
- 2022. A protest in Firdos Square.
- 2022. 2022 was a big sandstorm year, basically we were getting these sandstorms every week.
- 2023. A secluded grave in Anbar.
- 2021. At the Church of the Sacred Heart in Basra. Funny story here, I met the priest at the church, who turns out to be responsible for all Catholic Christians in south Iraq.
- 2021. Tomb of the Prophet Ezekiel. It's one of the few synagogues that was converted to a mosque, you can actually still see the menora carved into the walls when you go inside.
- 2023. In Hit. Hit's an idyllic town upstream on the Euphrates, which is much more clean than the Tigris.
- 2021. In the marshes.